scarecrow pages

6.22.2009

 

Seven Poems . . .

the person next to me has been uncontrollably touching his hair for 15 minutes

my feeling of apathy is incredible

80-hour long sad facial expression

i believe that is a true representation of my feeling

i think people see my face and think i’m depressed

i read a story last night in front of my webcam but read the story only a little

then sat there, clicking things vacantly

i am satisfied with these lay’s original

i have stolen over six cigarettes from keith today

i have a small figure of hulk hogan, it clutches my lamp

i want to clutch my lamp

as i was typing a small piece of chip fell out of my mouth

it feels depressing

this poem was supposed to address something else

my voice intonation, represented in a poem, completes everything i wish to convey as myself

the immense destruction of the planet

i did that earlier, my poem about society is forthcoming

immediately

escaping myself is impossible; it is not possible

brandon

again i am not sure of my reason for writing a poem

people will disagree with this as a good reason to write a poem

i’m out of coffee

really bad

today i got four emails, one was from barnes and noble

i unsubscribed from barnes and noble

the other emails were something i don’t feel like describing, they were not emails that i feel like describing

i feel the need to type, ‘i’m listening to the windows media player’

i have a pervasive feeling of impending doom, it is associated with the layout of my blog

my friend is going to japan

i kind of want to expand the time which i can predict accurately

that makes me confused

i keep looking at the coffee cups on my table

i feel like my brain should understand more about this situation

my brain just keeps trying to process ‘coffee cups’

i have felt afraid of writing poetry

i have been listening to the same playlist on my headphones for over four hours, this is so good

my legs are functional

i have at my disposal over 200 gigabytes

today i sat on my bed and looked at myself in the mirror

yesterday i showered

this morning i took the bus

yesterday i felt confused

yesterday when i learned it was thursday i spent five minutes trying to verify that it was not thursday, that it was wednesday

i feel confused about how it is friday, i am afraid, i feel really confused about it being friday

seems bad

maybe

is it bad or good, how should i feel

Brandon Scott Gorrell.


Brandon Scott Gorrell is the author of DURING MY NERVOUS BREAKDOWN I WANT TO HAVE A BIOGRAPHER PRESENT (Muumuu House, 2009). His blog is here. He lives in Seattle.

Archives

May 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   March 2007   October 2007   January 2008   April 2008   May 2009   June 2009  

scarecrow home...

scarecrow contributors...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BritLitBlogs.com